Friday, February 26, 2010

To Veil or Not to Veil

That is the question many brides ask themselves. The options are endless, whether your style is traditional or you want something more unique to suit your personality and of course your dress.
I personally went very classic and simple with a very long, very fine french tulle as my dress was quite detailed with all the ruffles.
Traditional with a twist is a great compromise, like the veil below which has been accented with gorgeous feathers.
Your dress designer is the best person to give advice on the style of veil, headpiece or hairpiece which to complement your gown.

Lanvin
Ostrich Feather Veil


Maison Michel
Kitty bow veil headband

Temperley London
Heart Shaped Tulle Veil


Phillip Treacy
bow
headpiece

Phillip Treacy
em
bellished dic headpiece

And, for the individual who likes to wow, a Maison Michel Uffie miniature top-hat with veil



All available from Net-A-Porter

3 comments:

Anna White said...

I was very much an anti-veil bride with my wedding...but was pressured by two of my sisters to wear one ..and Im glad I did..it really made a difference to the images from that day...and added a bit of pizzaz ;)

Emma said...

I am a fan of the veil - I figure you've only got one wedding day, I makes you look quite 'bridal'. My mum cried when my sister put on her veil at her final dress fitting, all of a sudden she was a bride instead of just wearing a nice dress!
I posted photos yesterday on my blog of a beautiful bride that went veil-less though and I didn't even really notice until someone pointed it out!

Bonnie- amour amour said...

I wasn't sure about a veil either- until like many women it seems- I put one on. I instantly felt beautiful and bride-y. So glad I did.