Monday, January 12, 2009

Red Carpet Inspiration

at the 66th Annual Golden Globes. These awards are known to be a good indication for nominees and winners of the Oscars which really is the big event for the film industry.
The fashion reflects this of course with actresses wearing the 'Second best dress' to the Globes. This year I think you can really tell. Nothing blows me away, but here are a few I liked as inspiration for wedding frocks. Enjoy.

Sandra Bullock's softly draped fish-tail with one shoulder is so flattering and elegant.


I love the colour of 'Miss Golden Globe', Rumor Willis. Would make a great colour for a bridesmaid dress.
How pretty is Olivia Wilde's fluffy pink gown? I particularly love the detail on the bodice.

The black and white of Melissa George's gown is so striking. The spilt shows just the right hint of her leg.


Definitely a favourite for me! Kate Beckinsale poses perfectly in a fish-tail. Her earrings are always make such a glam statement.

I have no idea what Jane Krakowski (since Ally McBeal) is in these days but she looks amazing in this slim cut gown.

Beautiful Aussie Isla Fischer doesn't disappoint with this one-shouldered champagne gown. We are definitely seeing the one-shoulder style coming back into fashion.


How hot are Heidi and Seal? Heidi's outfit is just so fun and girly. I'd love to wear something similar to a black-tie function.


Eva Mendes = HOT! Loving the turquoise necklace which complements her skin tone and white dress and makes a nice change from the usual diamonds.
I for one am looking forward to the Oscars fashion for more fabulous gowns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Eva Mendes' Dior dress too! And the turquoise jewels were stunning...reminded me of a similar look Cameron Diaz channelled a few years back (think her dress was purple though).

Kate Beckinsale can do no wrong.

And Eva Longoria's red strapless dress was amazing!

Bring on the Oscars fashion!

Anonymous said...

Olivia Wilde is so pretty. I loved her when she was on the OC too.