Friday, October 9, 2009

Fabulous Friday: Taking the Plunge

J.T. & Karen Yost
Took the plunge, August 25, 2007, Stormville, New York

"...It was a do-it-yourself celebration: I made centerpieces with bric-a-brac animal figurines and plastic flowers I found on eBay—real ones are so expensive and hard to manage.

Our friends photographed the wedding. We served a feast of vegetarian barbecue and fake fried chicken from Red Bamboo, and had a Van Halen cover band. It was the hottest day of the summer.

Here, we’re jumping into my parents’ pool after the ceremony. I’m wearing the bathing-wedding outfit I made: a swimsuit plus tutu. We stayed in our bathing outfits for the rest of the night.”

Story: NY Mag Weddings Image: Kathryn Housewright

3 comments:

Amelia said...

WOW!! Brave couple!!

Gracie said...

How fantastic and unique. I like to see people doing a wedding their way =)

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to be negative, I am all for individuality, but I just find that weird and a little tacky.
What did they do after they were all wet?
Sorry, just my 2 bob!