Friday, September 11, 2009

The Bride Wore Red

These beautiful images have had me wishing I'd been bold enough to brave a red lip on my wedding day! A red lip would certainly need a little more attention on the day however the look is so feminine and glamourous old-Hollywood, especially combined with bridal white!


Image: Stephanie Williams via LovelyPretty CheeryThings
Image: Via Junebug Weddings
Image via Kenneth Willardt
Image: Sara Gabriel
Image source unknown

Tip: Choose pinkish reds for a bright white dress, brown-based reds for an ivory dress, wine-colored reds for a cream dress, or magenta-tinged reds for a silvery white dress. (Poppy King via here)

2 comments:

Cali of PassionBird said...

The red lips combined with that white dress is such an elegant combination. I don't think I could pull it off, but if I could, I think i would do it on my wedding day.

Polka Dot Bride said...

One my my favourite things! I adore cherry lips!