Thursday, February 5, 2009

Why you don't get married at age eleven

This post from a West Aussie Wedding reminded me of what little 11 year old me wanted to wear to my wedding....


Yup, Stephanie Seymour's ill fated bride in the November Rain video made me want to get married in the dress equivalent of a mullet!!
November Rain by Guns 'n Roses was also one of my favourite songs at the time- and sti
ll is.
The dress was designed by Carmela Sutura (as was Stephanie's black funeral dress).

I'm not sure who designed the reception dress but still liking the rock-star glam-ness of the figure hugging black!
However, being 11 and all, I thought their kiss was horribly ICKY!I still don't know how I feel about it actually!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha LOVE it!
I was so easily impressed when I was young! although thats not to say I wont look back at my wedding photos and cringe..
Yes I too love a bit of GNR!

Polka Dot Bride said...

I've seen two or three brides in the past few years have a replica of the dress made and wear it. They had very fun weddings! leopard print, stilettos and the dress!

Bonnie- amour amour said...

That sounds so fun Polka! I have a secret (well, not now) to renew my vows somewhere fabulous like Vegas in a replica of the dress!

Anonymous said...

I'm actually having this dress replicated for my wedding, reception dress and all. Except I'm going to do a few minor changes to the wedding dress to modernize it a bit more. This is the wedding I wanted at age 9, and I'm finally getting it at 26.